The Dholakia Group takes CSR not as a responsibility and an obligation but as a mantra of survival. The entire focus of the group has been to add value to the life of the challenged in society not at a cost to the group but to the advantages in both, costs and reliability, permanent staff, saving on trainings, saving on PF, Cost effectiveness and employee retention.
A large number of functions of the group have moved towards the challenged such as:-
1) Massage therapist at Rudra.
2) Back office functions of data mining, data collecting, CRM, e-ad designing has been outsourced to our own created centre of the challenged at Vasai.
3) Housekeeping boys come from DEEDS (hearing impaired)
4) F & B Kitchen staff is being recruited from the catering institute of DEEDS.
5) Office /store keepers assistants are being recruited from S.E.C. (Society of the Education of the crippled)
Dholakia group also supports and the group members sit on the advisory panel of –
1) Snehalaya (www.snehalaya.org) a centre in Thane also supported by the group of day students who are physically & mentally challenged.
2) DEEDS – (www.deedsindia.com)- an NGO which works with the hearing impaired Dholakia group has been associated with the organization for the last 8 years. The organization supports and runs nearly 17 institutes and is very active in job placements and career guidance of the deaf.
3) GODS – (www.gods-mbafoundation.org ) An NGO working with the physically and mentally challenged having 4 centre at Chembur, Thana, Powai and Gorai. The Gorai facility has been provided by the Dholakia Group and is now a residential and day school facility for the local tribals and out of city residents.
4) Rotary Club – Mr. Amith Dholakia has been a charter member and ex- president of Rotary Club of Bombay Pier having done number of projects and supporting various institutions.
5) Sense International India (www.senseintindia.org ) – Mr.Amith Dholakia have been nominated on the board of the Indian arm of SENSE INTERNATIONAL an NGO working with the deaf blind. Senseindia purpose is to work in partnership with others – deafblind people, their families, carers and professionals – to ensure that everyone facing challenges because of deafblindness has access to advice, opportunities and support.